Sunday, March 6, 2011

Making Marshmallow Fondant

Yesterday I wanted to try and make an NSX cake for the hubby so.. I made a red velvet with cream cheese frosting.. I wanted to add pecans to the cream cheese :) Can’t anyways because I’m making fondant and the cake needs to be smooth.. Well I can add pecans just didn’t do it..

When cake was baking I decided to make the fondant.. I should of made it ahead of time.. I didn’t think it will take awhile to make.. I don’t think I’ll make it again.. It’s like a hassle.. I’ll probably made it again.. Sometimes but not all the cake.. The fondant actually taste good.. hubby and our son loved it..

It was my first time making it sooo.. It was kind of a disaster.. I was kneading it by hand.. So it was sticking everywhere.. My hands, the bowl, the counter, etc.. I refrigerated it and when it’s to roll it out.. It rolled out perfectly.. Once I put it on top of the cake it was tearing.. I don’t know what I did wrong.. Maybe I rolled it out to thin because the other cake came out better than the first but it was still slightly tearing a bit.. I’m about to cover the NSX cake with fondant and I would hate for it to tear..

Here’s the second cake:
I’m trying to make the dress cake from Cupcake Envy…

The first one was a diaster.. It was more open on the top. This one was better..

No comments:

Post a Comment